Monday 24 May 2010

Timeline

We have been looking at timelines in our VCT lecture and have been looking and exploring different art movements. We have been looking at Dadaism and Modernism quite a lot and have been trying to create different timelines and reorganise the information in a new and unique way that has graphic design elements in them as well.
I have been looking at different types of timelines to get ideas of how I will be organising my timeline for my VCT project.
I have decided I am going to work with Dadaism and going to do a timeline about the artist Raoul Hausmann.

These are different inspirational images to try to see examples of timelines to try to see how I will create my timeline.
I really like the colour that has been placed in this timeline, although i think it looks a little too crowded, there is quite a lot of information in this timeline but the colours help divide the information a bit. The really like the circular shape, but I do not know why they did a much square shape on the top, I think it would have look more aesthetically pleasing if it had been all in a circular shape.
I would really enjoy to do an illustration timeline, I think that it works well with some subjects, but I do not think that with Dadaism this could be the best way to develop a timeline, although it would be nice maybe to apply some hand drawn illustrations somewhere in the timeline. I think that this could be a great method and a more interesting way of working with a timeline, I will keep this in mind for future works.

This timeline is a bit two crowded, I like the circles and how there are two different colours that indicate a different relation to each subject so it becomes easier for the viewer to identify what it is trying to relate each subject to. I think that without so many subjects it could work, although I think I am trying to go for something that is a bit more structured and has a bit of grid on it to keep all the writing we have to do in order, otherwise it can get extremely confusing.
I really like the grid in this timeline, and how it has images that compliment the text, although i might not concentrate so much information in a page. I think I would like to work with a grid timeline that has mainly images and the text compliments the images. I think that this timeline needs more white space although it is one of the examples that convinced me the most.

.
The vertical timeline is nice, and the grid and images work well, but I think I am more convinced working in a horizontal timeline rather than the vertical one.

I really like the graphic design work done in this timeline. The colours, the font and the aesthetics of this timeline I think that are really nice. Although if I want to work with images and text in my timeline it would look all over the place if I do not have some sort of grid in my timeline. But i defiantly want to use keep in mind the graphics in my timeline as we can see in this example.


No comments:

Post a Comment