Tuesday 27 October 2009

John Baldessari




This picture is one of the six pictures that where in the exhibition, I think there where six I am not quite sure, and in the bottom it said that there where the only ones that the three red balls do a straight line, I think it was out of thirty three tries.
This is a picture I found in the internet of the "CALIFORNIA" type that I saw in the exhibition. It is quite interesting because the first page before the pictures are actually the coordinates where he took the pictures of the letters. I think the whole thing is a very nice composition because the pictures also relate to the word, because all of these images where taken in California.




I went to the Tate Modern quite recently going to go to see the POP LIFE exhibition, and when I finished to see it I decided to go into John Baldessari's exhibition just to look around. I had never seen his before and I was really amazed when I saw it. I was really impressed on his work, the way he uses film in order to create rebus, or the ways he used air brush techniques to create a new style of advertisement was really interesting. I thought that the most interesting pieces where the ones that where he was juxtaposing words with letters. There was a piece that geographical places that resembled the word "CALIFORNIA" and what I found quite interesting was the composition, because the pictures looked like they where actually taken from an airplane. The pieces that where quite interesting as well where large images where he juxtapose the faces and put colourful paint on the faces. There was a piece that I can not remember the name that was a lot of different guns pointing clockwise, and in the middle there was a picture of a couple kissing and a sort of chaotic incident in the streets. The way he edited these pictures was very interesting, and it gave me ideas for the collage project. A lot of his work had Rebus, Juxtaposing, and Editing, and I found his work quite an inspiration for my 100 collages.

No comments:

Post a Comment