Monday 19 October 2009

Cropping Workshop


  • Bold exciting
P: Focuses more on the expression of the face

M: The size

I: The negative space

  • Close up of a detail
P: You can really see the detail of the sign with this crop

M: Not straight

I: The image inside the sign


  • Crop to define
P: The crop really focuses on the gun and I was not very sure how to crop it so it could
focus on the gun and still making look good

M: It might of looked better without the arm in the crop

I: The irregular angled crop


  • Make look distant
P: That you focus your eye to the man in the picture and pay more attention to the background behind that in the normal picture

M: I could have used a different method of cropping to make it look more distant

I: Where the person is in the picture



  • Narrow Vertical
P: Just lets you focus specifically on the little kids face and it makes it more emotional than the full picture

M: Too much background in the back, I should have cropped it up to the top of the kid.

I: The expression of the kid


  • Crop to abstract
P: Even if it is the same piece by repeating a part of the image it looks completely different

M: Size

I: It sort of looks like eyes that are looking towards the same direction



  • Crop to enhance the emotional impact
P: Placing the baby in a vertical way

M: The contrast in the picture

I: The size of the face it enhances the expression of the baby





  • Wide angle horizontal
P: The facial expression of the child is stronger and more impacting

M: Cropped half of his head

I: The doll



  • Depersonalise a photo with people in it
P: The triangular shape of the crop

M: It disfigures the woman a bit to much

I: The black space between each triangle








  • Narrow angle vertical
P: The silhouette formed with the shape of the crop

M: The angle

I: The angle creates of an illusion of her feet


  • Depersonalise a photo with people in it
P: The separation of the mouth

M: The difference of colour in the mouths

I:The repetition



No comments:

Post a Comment