Wednesday 28 October 2009

Hannah Höch





Having the 100 collage project I have been looking at different artists that their work is based on photomontage or collage. I borrowed a book from the library that is only collages, and the ones from Hana Höch where really unique. I like the way she used the space in her photomontages, I started reading a bit about this
artist because I had not seen her work before, and I wanted to understand her work. She was a german artist that
studied glass design and graphic art to please her father in the Collage of Arts and Crafts in Berlin. Around 1919 she
became influenced by the Dada movement in Berlin, she became friends with other very influential artists such as
Raoul Hausmann and developed a relationship with Kurt Schwitters and Piet Mondian.

No comments:

Post a Comment