Tuesday 27 October 2009

100 Collage Project




These have been the images that I have cut out of magazines , I am trying to cut out as images that I find interesting first and lay them out nicely in order to be able to do my collages quicker easier.










These have been images that I have found in the books that I bought in a old book store in Kings Cross. I put an example of images that are inside these books. They are quite interesting because they are old drawings that will look nice with the cut outs of magazines that I have found. I am going to photocopy the images that I find more interesting of these books and then cut them to use them in my collages.













These images are a couple of examples of the different magazines that I found in a book store in Leister Square. The reason why I put different images without cutting them, is because I still have to photocopy some images that are in both sides of the page. But I think it is interesting because the images that are in these magazines are very different than fashion magazines and other magazines that I have found, so it is quite interesting to see there is a lot of illustration images that will look quite nice with the collages. It is to have more variety in my collages and trying to use as many different mediums and images as possible.



These are some postcards that I bought, and I think they are really nice because they old picture postcards of people in hollidays and they are black and white. They are very nice because the paper is slightly thicker and this will help me create sort of 3D layers which I think is quite interesting and might look very good.








These have been the images and magazines that I have recently collected










I have been cutting out images of different types of magazines and news papers for the 100 collage project we have to hand in december. These where the first cut outs that I did and I have been collecting different images of all sorts of magazines. I started to cut out the fashion magazines, but I found them quite boring because they have a lot of pictures of women and clothes and I was interested in finding different types of images. I have been looking for old books because I want the old illustrations that are in those books. I have found a small book store in Kings Cross and they told me that next week probably I will be able to get some of these books so I am waiting to collect a variety of images that will help me do more interesting compositions.

No comments:

Post a Comment