Wednesday 27 January 2010

GDF Project

This is the brief, target audience and client I was given to start working on the project. At first I was not quite sure that the message "Become green" would be the message I would actually decide on working with. But I found it to be a bit challenging at first but I thought it would be good to work on a project I would normally not have chosen, so I was quite interested in the challenge of make something new and creative that will work with my target audience as well as my client.
While creating the PDF I was not quite sure how to display all of my sketchbook research and simplify it. The inspirational images where very helpful, they organised all my ideas in a visual format that I thought worked quite well to explain it in a more interesting and visual way. These where some inspirational images of different problems relating to my message to start narrowing the project and deciding in what exactly I was going to be working with. I was struggling between deforestation, recycling and climate change.
These where actual pictures from my sketchbooks of the research that I had done regarding climate change subjects in order to narrow them down and focus a specific subject. After doing this research I decided to work with recycling, and getting 20 to 30 year old people interested in my work.
Having decided that I was going to work with recycling, I chose to do a page specifically focused on the subject I would be working with. The images that are there represent the issue in a visual way and communicate the problem quite well. Having so many campaigns of this subject I found it to be a bit challenging, because I wanted to create something new and exciting that would make my target audience actually show interest into recycling and make them want to recycle.
I started to go deep into different methods learn in class to research and brainstorm my ideas that where quite helpful, I found that the method of doing format, dominant ideas, wishful thinking, and stepping stone where very interesting. I would have never thought of organising my ideas in this way, having to write exaggerated ideas that might not possibly be able to develop and then finding a way to change them and find a creative solution to the problem does really make you think on ideas that you might not have come up with before, because you thought they where impossible to do. I found the method to be fun, interesting and creative.















No comments:

Post a Comment