Wednesday 27 January 2010

Collage analysis

Having finished all the 100 collages was quite a satisfaction really. I really enjoyed the process of this project because it helped me get to know new terms that I was not really use to. I had a notion of what surrealism was and what texture and juxtaposition, but I really thought it was interesting to get to know new concepts and create graphic design pieces that go along with it.
I struggled a lot with re-purposing because I felt it was quite similar to juxtaposition at first, until I made some research of my own to try to grasp the concept and that way be able to make the collages work in that specific theme.
I enjoyed the search of different images that where not necessarily found on magazines and on news paper. I really went and looked at old illustrations of books and photocopied them, old postcards, pictures from the twenties, so I think that all of this research did help to make pieces that where more interesting.
I was very happy with the end result of the 100 collages, at first it did take me a\ while to organise them, and do page layout and be aware of the colours, contrast and the images I placed in them , but once I got started creating these collages they sort of started to become easier and easier to make.
I was pleased that we had to do 100 because out of those 100 there is at least 5 that I am really please with, and we where able to discover and experiment new ways of doing them.
The fact that we where able to exhibit them was also a great feeling, because we got to see everyones work and how they each did original and very different things on each subject. I think we where all happy to see all our hard work up in the exhibition and see all the creativity that people put into doing this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment